Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ASTON MARTIN V12 CLASSIC

Driving on the damp test area took a lot of concentration

I got my myself installed into the carbon fibre and Kevlar driving seat, started the engine, gave the throttle a good poke and was rewarded with an instant maelstrom of perfect sound. One of the finest noises in the automotive world just got better.

Accelerating hard through the manual gears on the damp test area took a lot of concentration. This is the same 6-litre V12 and drivetrain that you’d find in the DBS but in this shorter wheelbase, lighter car the power is transmitted to the road in a very different way. www.astonmartin.com

The suspension is lower and stiffer than that in the V8 Vantage and the car itself is slightly heavier but it actually handles better; if there was any body-roll, the car didn‘t tell me about it.
www.astonmartin.com
I found a long section of semi-dry tarmac and gave it a lot of throttle - acceleration was devastatingly quick. There’s a crest and a long right-hander at the end of a fast straight. Gearing down from fourth to third, testing the throttle briefly to make sure the tail doesn’t overtake, I plant my right foot again - instant power and a little correction as the rear finds grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment